Monday, January 29, 2007

What a Week!

Ok, so not to be a total downer but 2007, thus far, is not all that I was hoping it would be. In fact, I think that the term that I've used most often in reference to the last month is 'blows chunks!' That's right folks. . . someone better fix this year and fix it fast before I call it quits and sit in a basement (I say 'a' basement because my house is so small that I don't have one so I'll have to borrow someone's. . . add to the sulking) for the rest of the year. So, the start of January came through in a blaze of glory. . . I made some headway on my New Year's resolutions and was filling good about things in general. Then, the last two weeks happened and it's been a nightmare to deal with. A couple of things to note:

3, yes 3, people that I knew or was associated with have died in the last 10 days. . . all three in car accidents. Do I ever want to drive again? Nope, sure don't. Death is exhausting whether it impacts you directly or impacts people you know. It's sad and really makes you introspective which is a complete task - especially if your life is as messed up as mine. Emotionally spent.


My work just went through would could be termed as 'The Worst Handled Transition in the World' last Friday. It takes the cake for catching people off guard. Am I excited about the new position that I got? Nope. Is it because it's a bad position? Nope. I haven't had the chance to be excited yet because the announcements were handled in the worst fashion ever - a public forum. 'Hey. . . here's your new spot and here's what you aren't doing anymore. Carlee, we're taking your favorite account away. Don't feel bad.' Did I cry? Sure did. At my desk. And I'm still angry about it. Frankly, some people are lucky that there weren't MORE 'personal meetings' scheduled to deal with this mess. Number of happy people at Datamark = very few. Number of angry and/or nervous people at Datamark = everyone. Brilliantly handled. Again, emotionally spent.

Tried to get a new phone because mine is falling apart. Cingular guys. . . not helpful. I don't want a phone that plays mp3s or flashes strobe lights or does my stinking dishes. Just want one that will make calls with clarity and send texts with lightening speed. Do they have a phone like that? Nope. Unless I want to go online and find one myself. . . point of clarity - there IS a reason that I came into the store and that is so I don't have to order it online. What a joke.


I'm not going to continue because frankly, if I listed all of the things that bothered me about the last week, we'd be here for another one.

Quote of the week (thanks Eric) "I hope life isn't a BIG JOKE, because I don't get it!" Nuff said. . .

It's got to get better, right? Some words of encouragement people!

3 comments:

jerk done wrong said...

Nope, this year has nothing good about it whatsoever. At this point I'm not sure if there will ever be a good one again.

Well that's why I've gotten a sulky blog.

shatteredheartblog.blogspot.com

E-MONEY said...

I wouldn't mind a phone that did my dishes...

stephanielynn said...

If only everyone's year could start out like Matthew's did...