Monday, February 05, 2007

Money, money, money, money. . .MONEY!

So, I just read through my last blog and boy was I a downer or what? Well, rightfully so, I think. BUT, the winds are changing. That's right - I'm in a good enough mood to quote a Disney movie (Mary Poppins for those of you who didn't get that)! It's the start of February and you know what that means? Serious cash intake. That's right. . . it's bonus and tax time. I am sitting square in the middle of cash flow and I don't really know what to do with myself. Goodness, this is the best luck that I've had in some time. Here's what I'm talking about:

1. Unexpected Bonus at work. What makes it so great? The fact that it was 100% unexpected! All we've heard all year is that we aren't making our goals financially so all we've joked about all year is that we have a snowball's chance of getting any sort of a bonus; even the thought of a frozen turkey was out of the question (for all of you DMers, you know what I'm saying). But, out of the blue last week we get an email saying that we are getting a piece of the department pie. . . that's right. I was so excited that I almost peed a little! (Ok, not really but I think that you can glean my level of excitement from that phrase.) The only downer - it's taxable. I share Steph's sentiments when she says 'Man, do I wish that bonus would've gone straight to my pocket!' Agreed, little grasshopper. . . agreed.


2. TAXES! I got my taxes done already and you know what happens when you pay sick amounts of interest on your house? You get a chunk of it back! How great is that? Plus, thank heavens for that charitable contributions line, eh? For all you kids out there, it really does pay to pay your tithing. Wahoo! Hawaii. . .here I come. Ok, I was actually coming already but now I can actually afford it!


Bottom line, February is kicking January's butt so far and we are only 5 days in. Please say this is going to continue. . . please say this is going to continue. . .

3 comments:

stephanielynn said...

I heart February too!! How awesome is an unexpected bonus that will buy me more than lunch at Wendys?! That's pretty much unheard of around here...

d.r. gib said...

Nice. Hawaii sounds about right.

Lindsay Jane said...

I say spend it all on yourself. Saving is way over rated and why save it for some guy to come along and use it to pay off his debt. I recommend booking a few more vations, paying off your car, and going Ass Crazy at Target! Vegas is also a great option.