Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I Resolve:

In the spirit of the New Year, I decided that it would be good to write down my New Year's resolutions in a place that I hold close to my heart. . .ok really, I figured that maybe if I put them on my blog, my friends would give me a hard time if I try to break them and it may help keep me on the straight and narrow a little? So, that's the plan. Here's my vague, yet important, list of New Year's Resolutions for all the world to see:

1. Live on purpose. I'm a chicken, most of the time, when it comes to feelings or just plain being blah about things. I'm a 'whatever' girl and while I think it's good to be agreeable, it's not good to be a pushover. So, I'm living on purpose and with a purpose. No more being scared. 2007 is the year for bravery.
2. Stop swearing as much as I currently do (Now I don't have the mouth of a sailor and we must all realize that some swearing does offer comedic value but I'm to the point of being a bit out of control. Time to stop. . .or at least slow down.).
3. Cook more. Suprisingly, I like doing it. Mom, don't faint. It can be fun. . . if you plan ahead. So that's what I'm going to do. It probably won't be a lot but anything is better than what I currently do. Besides, eating out is expensive! If I cook then I can have a hot lunch and not have to spend $9 for it. Which leads me to:
4. Don't spend so much money on useless crap. I have a shopping problem. Everyone is aware of it. I spend a lot of money on useless junk (like eating out) that could be used for better purposes. I want to cut my 'useless crap' budget by at least 1/3.
5. 20 bye 20 - Mel, that one's for you. Keep me in line. This is a 'less sugar' resolution that I made with mi amiga Melissa. I may be cranky until April but I'm hoping it's worth it?

Ok, so there are a lot more resolutions that I've made for myself than are probably feasible. In fact, there are 3 or 4 more that I didn't even list that fall under the 'be a better person in general' category or spiritual goals that I don't know that I'll share just yet. But, I think I'm off to a good start. I've already been going on 4/5 for a few days now so I'm hoping that will continue. (That bravery one is much harder than it looks). So, if you see me in a week and I'm a resolution mess, kick me in the pants (figuratively) and get me going.

Question for the day: What are your biggest New Year's resolution flops? You know, the ones that you always make and always break? Maybe I can adopt a few more to add to my growing list!

3 comments:

NatAttack said...

Good for you for writing them down! I'm still working on the specifics of mine but should get it figured out soon huh? :)

stephanielynn said...

No worries, Carlee. I'll help you out with the stop swearing resolution since I've mastered it myself....

Matthew said...

I like the cooking goal as I am a big fan of cooking. I personally find that the food I cook can be 10 times better than the food I buy at a restaurant. And I agree...eating out can be very expensive.