Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gotta Want it. . . bad!

I know that your mind is going crazy wondering what this title could reference and yes, the answer is many things (some too inappropriate to talk about with this viewing audience - Matthew, get your mind out of the gutter).
Anyway, the topic of choice today is food. 'How did you arrive at this?' you may be asking yourself. Well, the reasons are threefold - 1. I love food so why not talk about it. 2. It's lunchtime and that's got me thinking. . . and finally 3.My life may be boring enough in it's current state that I've got nothing else. So, without further adieu. . .
My sweet mother bought me a delightful lunch treat for today - sushi. Granted, a lot of people don't love sushi and I thought for certain that I would never be a person that did. But, thanks to the Tepanyaki and a fabulous Vegas Roll that I once had, it's not so bad. Anyway, back to the lunch treat. I occasionally get these fun things to bring to work for lunch and the inevitable happens: what looks like an excellent idea at 8:00 in the morning does not sound so pleasant once you hit lunch. Sushi is always pretty and looks delicious, but you really have to prep yourself for that slightly fishy flavor to hit the palate or it's a lost cause. Today = not prepared.
Now I've developed a new problem - still hungry, slightly grossed out. Needless to say, I may need to find someone else to finish my lunch. Bugger.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

My mind is never in the gutter!