Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Representing Our Country. . . Well!

I can't believe that I just saw what I did. . . and more over, I can't believe I am writing about it but it was too funny not to blog. While I'm hanging out at home working, the WE channel is re-airing the MRS. America 2006 pageant (yeah Mrs., aka married and old, but you wouldn't know that looking at them). You would think that these older women would have some extra insight into life and that maybe, just maybe, the top six wouldn't give such idiotic answers to their final question? FALSE. They are idiots and it was the biggest train wreck I have seen in years. Here's a recap of the final 10 gut busting minutes:

1. Largest scandal of the night, once Mrs. Georgia found out she didn't make the top six, she announces she's actually pregnant. . . gasp! She fooled everyone. . . oh no! Soap opera drama I tell you.

2. There are six finalists because the loosing contestants get to vote one woman back into the finals. Is this Survivor? Nope, it's a pageant. If you loose, you loose. End of story.

3. Mrs. North Carolina was the proud recipient of the 'extra life' and made her way back into the finals. There was, however, what can now only be referred to as a 'Faith Hill Moment' as the camera showed backstage. Comments were heard from the 'looser' contestants like 'What?' and 'How did that happen?' and one girl even asked 'Notice that everyone that voted for her didn't even MAKE the top 12?' Holy crap? Who says that stuff? Cat fight!!!!!

4. Mrs. Utah made the finals. Has a Miss, Mrs, Little Miss, Grandma, anything Utah ever made it to the finals of any pageant ever? Nope. Most people don't even know that we are a state. She was actually picked to win by the other contestants but in true fashion, she didn't. Second runner up.

5. Question: 'Mrs. Nebraska, what is something about you that would surprise us?' Answer: 'Probably that I grew up on a farm and that my dad was a farmer. . obviously.' Really, there are farms in Nebraska? That is shocking! My world is totally turned around. In addition, the word 'obviously' should probably not be used in an answer to a question about surprises. Am I wrong about that? Fifth runner up. . . really, again, shocker!

6. Question: 'Define success.' Answer from Mrs. Arizona: 'Sussess is. . .' yes, I spelled it like it came out. BTW, winner!

7. Question: 'Describe yourself." Answer from Louisiana: 'Service, liberty, blah, blah, blah. . .OUR YOUTH ARE FAILING! We need to be better examples and get them out of drug-induced. . ." wow, don't hold back. Did you really want a question about either drugs or the youth in our community because I think that's what you planned on!

Needless to say, I almost wet myself laughing. It was so great. . . worth the tivo if you can find it. I haven't felt this smart in a really long time! Where do they find these people? I guess Arizona found the 'sussess' she was looking for!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Carlee, I just found your blog while "Next Blog" surfing, and am so glad I did! This was hysterical, and let me tell you, if i had tivo i'd be all over it! Your recap is marvelous...felt like i was there :)

NatAttack said...

I love it so much. I need to restore TV at my house!!!

Carlee said...

This is the part where you either get nervous that other people really DO see your blog or you embrace them and welcome them to your craziness. . . I choose the latter! Thanks for the comment - so glad you enjoyed. . .

Becky said...

we're all crazy -- no worries :)