Sunday, November 11, 2007

Calling Baton Rouge!!!

So, I figured I had better get writing or this was going to turn into the Ghost Writer's blog. . . permanently. Plus, I had a stellar weekend so of course, it's time to write about it!!
Some critics may read this blog and wonder what the big deal is, but I got to do one of the greatest things ever - in fact, something that I've hoped I'd get the chance to do before I died. What could it be? I saw Garth Brooks in concert. Not only did I get to see him in concert, but I had to fly all the way to Kansas City to do so and it was amazing!!! Sidenote: Garth just became the #1 selling artist of all time so mock all you want, you can't argue with that!

We spent the weekend chilling in Kansas City - having some b-b-que and just seeing the sites. Really, it was a time waster until the concert last night at the Sprint Center!! We hot all cowgirled up for the show including everything from buckles to that most authentic hat of mine. Shhh, don't tell anyone that I've actually owned that for years and did NOT buy it just for the occasion.





Anyway, we picked up our Garth SWAG and then hit the concert in style! We snagged ourselves some limited-edition hoodies. . . and by limited-edition, I mean pretty much everyone there bought one. So waht! It rocks.
It was the most amazing show. I think the funniest part was when a crazy, white-trash fan through a bra on the stage and it made Garthy forget the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. Anyway, check out some pics. Don't hate. . . ok, you can a little because it was unbelievable!!


2 comments:

Danny K. said...

That's awesome. I was just listening to my itunes and Standing Outside the Fire came on and then I thought "Hey I wonder how Carlee's concert went". And now I know. It was awesome. I would see him for real. Not like to be ironic either. Did Trisha also perform?

Carlee said...

Danny K!!! So glad you wrote! Trisha did perform - she was the opener. I thought she'd do a bunch of new stuff and I would be disappointed but she delivered and sang all the old goodies! The whole thing was rockin'. If it ever happens again - do it. Well worth it.