Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update. . .

In my "Picky, Picky. . ." blog that I wrote just a short time ago, I told you of a nasty hair clump that I located in my trail mix. Sick, yes? Well. . . I've been meaning to update you on the outcome.

So after a couple of weeks of waiting for a response from Kar's Nuts, I finally sent an email saying "Hello! Hair in my trailmix! Where you at, fool?" Ok, so maybe it was more like "Um, I was wondering if maybe you might have some sort of update. . ." as my passive aggressive side reared it's ugly head yet again when confronted with a sticky (or hairy, as the case may be) situation. I got an email back saying "Your refund has been mailed."


I don't know about you but my reaction seemed fitting to the sitaution and that was for me to say "What!?" audibly in my cube and immediately hit "Reply" on said email. Second email: "I appreciate the refund of my 75 cents but the bigger question here is what was in the trailmix? I think I should know because I was about to eat it and did, in fact, sonsume some of what was in the contaninated bag. Tell me that and keep your money." Pretty good, yeah. So I waited. . . and waited. . . and finally got a response. . . in the mail.



It's a letter basincally saying "Woops. .. sorry about the hair. We'll do better next time. And here's some money to shut up about it."

What is that you see? $2 worth of ratty bills? I'm pretty sure their HR person took it out of his smelly wallet so he could close the issue and make me go away. Here's what I have to say to that:

"Dr. Mr HR at Kar's Nuts: You not telling me what was in the package automatically leads me to think it was nasty enough that you don't want to tell me. . . so you didn't. You weren't even creative enough to say it was fibers from some sort of bushel or something? Come on!


So, I'm going to tell the world of bloggers that it was nasty rat hair in my trailmix. A big clump of it. Thanks for the $2 that you gave me from your swear jar on your desk but I don't accept hush money. In fact, the bills are kind of gross and I don't want to touch them so they will be pinned to my wall in their original envelope as a reminder that I won, you lost. Love, Carlee."


The battle continues. . .

3 comments:

~AliSa~ said...

That is so foul. Definitely don't accept that nasty hush money!

e said...

I've been way behind on checking blogs, so sorry for how late this comment is coming . . .

UM, What's up with the TWO dollars they sent you!? LOL, I was dying at that. You're right, you know some employee just grabbed some grubbie bills out of their pocket and stuffed it in an envelope. So funny!

Leslie said...

CARS----- WOW! Need I say more?

I just had the MOST fun reading some of your wonderfully educational rants and rather wordy past posts!!! Couldn't be more proud of being able to call you friend! And that's why we love you you soo soo much! I'm going to be smiling thanks to you for at least another week!