Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Parenting at it's Finest!

With all of the hub-bug about whether or not it's ok to spank kids or even punish kids really, I think it's important to recognize the rare opportunity it is to see parents let their kids have it. I'm a firm believer that's it's not only ok to spank kids when they are out of line, but it's recommended. Rarely does punishment happen anymore, let alone get a picture of it.

I was recently in the Denver airport and encountered a young boy who was screaming bloody murder because he couldn't climb on the window. After about 2 minutes, his mom walked over to him and calmly pulled him off the window. He continued to scream like someone had ripped his heart out, so. . .she paddled his butt with a spanking like I haven't seen since I lied about brushing my teeth. The entire gate of people clapped. From what I could gather, they hadn't seen a kid get punished in some time either. It was a proud moment for us all and frankly, restored a little confidence in humanity.

So, I'm taking this public opportunity to thank all those parents that can still strike the fear of the night into their kids with the threat of a good punishment. In honor of those parents, I am posting a series of pictures that not only demonstrate punishment, but shear humiliation of a kid who has done wrong. Go, Mom, Go! Now this is punishment.















3 comments:

NatAttack said...

Ahhh! I've been waiting for you to post FOREVER. These pictures are PRICELESS. Love it. And I think spanking is a great punishment. Sure scared me straight...

Lindsay Jane said...

I agree...bring back spanking. Kids use to respect adults and do what their parents told them and now they are all out of control spoild little brats. Lets go back to the good old days when the threat of waiting for your father to come home from work really scared the S%*$ out of you.

Carlee said...

I know it scared the S%*$ out of me! I can't even begin to tell you the fear that struck the heart of the Hamblin kids!