Thursday, March 29, 2007

If I ruled the world. . .


Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like if I was in charge. I don't want to be in charge of important things, just little things that would (in general) make the quality of life better for us little people. If I ruled the world, here are some things that I would change:
  • Everyone would get Friday afternoons off. There is just something to be said about a Friday afternoon NOT at work.
  • Grocery carts would be automatically weighted in the front so that everyone could stand on the back and roll their way to happiness.
  • Anyone working at a retail establishment that ever said 'I hate today,' 'This job sucks' or 'Now we're going to be here forever' when a customer walks into a store or up to said worker would automatically be fired - no questions asked.
  • Texas Roadhouse rolls for everyone, at least once per week.
  • Flip flops would go with any outfit. . . and be totally acceptable at work.
  • Everyone would greet the people that they know with kisses on the cheek. It's a totally acceptable greeting and if you wanted to "miss on accident", so what?
  • There would be 50 calories in a Snickers Ice Cream Bar. . . ok, 120 - the same as a granola bar. I'm not completely unrealistic!
  • Everyone could buy every style of clothes in their size and have it look good.
  • Gas would be 75 cents per gallon.
  • People would never fall out of real love.
  • We would do road construction like they do in Japan. . . at night and when they are done for the day, you don't even know they were there.
  • Texas Roadhouse rolls for everyone. . . I meant twice per week!
  • Cereal would be it's own food group and you'd need 3 servings per day.
I think that's a pretty good starter list. Agree? What would you do if you ruled the world? Hit me with some more ideas and I'll see what I can do in my next meeting about all of this. . .

2 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

If I ruled the world:
-The bathroom door would lock and not let you out until you washed your hands.
-Nap time would be required everyday from 1-2.
-You could get a ticket for driving slow in the left hand lane.
-Places of employment would give you two weeks of vacation of one week paid vacation to a location of your choice.

Carlee said...

This is a GREAT list! See what happens when girls are in charge? The real work gets done. . . heck yes.