Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How long has it been?

Ummm. . . probably 4 months or something completely insane like that. I was actually telling someone today how fun it was to blog and then I looked down and saw "Captain Hypocrite" on my shirt with a subtitle that said "it's been longer than you think". What in the heck was I thinking? Needless to say, I need to get back into the game so here we go.

Why not start with a little poetic ode?

Summer, oh summer. Where did you go?
Oy yeah, I was working, and boy did THAT blow.
It wasn't all bad news, I did have some fun. . .
I swam some and chilled some and burned in the sun.
I went to Seattle and saw my good buds.
They told me to blog more and called me a dud.
So this poem's for you, girls. I hope that you love it. . .
Lame poems have replaced every last ounce of my whit!

Seriously, good times in Seattle. I rode The Duck. That's right Seattle locals! I did it, and admit it. Cool city, highly recommended. I also did some concerts this summer (Martina, John Mayer, etc.), some river rafting in Jackson and stayed in a "cabin". Sidenote: I say it's a "cabin" because it's really more like a giant house that happens to be made out of logs that probably could really be on Cribs, as stated by a gent in my ward when he walked in. Really, the summer has been fab and I have no complaints really. . . other than I'm exhausted!

Anyway, here and now, making a semi-public declaration that I'm going to try harder. I enjoy this too much. I'm coming back. . . with a vengeance. . . ok, I hope!!

5 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Carlee....welcome back!!! We missed you in the blogging world and I loved your poem. Glad you had such a great time here in Seattle. We would love to have you back...maybe next time they are filming Gray's in town. :)

stephanielynn said...

And your Seattle friends are the first to read the post and comment. Why? Because we're addicted to blogs.

It was so fun to have you here! Miss ya tons!

Michael and Rachel said...

So basically, I have been blog stalking you for a while and to be honest, I'm sad there's been nothing to stalk! ha I'm so glad I can see what you have been up to. And are you moving?? I LOVE YOU CARLEE!! Welcome back!

The Steele family said...

Hey Carlee I found your blog and just wanted to so hello. I hope all is going good.

RoseAnna said...

Hey Carlee- It's RoseAnna!! I love your blog!! Hope all is well.