Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reality Overload

What a night it was. I'm still overwhelmed by what I saw. A bird? Nope. A plane? Nope. Superman? Not really. . . unless you consider Blake, Andrew and Apollo supermen. . .which really isn't that far fetched, by the way!

I wouldn't say that under normal circumstances I'm what you would call a "reality TV junkie' - that is of course unless it comes in the form of former MTV casts competing for great prizes in the middle of Africa. "What? Such a show exists?" you ask? It sure does. In the form of The Inferno 3. I'll be the first to admit that I can't get enough of it, not for a second. I love it, I live it, I breathe it. So what? So trashy. . .

Anyway, with the exception of my little MTV addiction, I'm not really into reality TV that regularly. Sure, I'll catch an occasional episode here or there but nothing that I can't walk away from. Last night, I discovered why it is that people get sucked in like a bug in a vacuum to these things. My two great friends Melissa and Rachael follow a good number of reality shows including, but certainly not limited to, The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman, Dancing With the Stars, and American Idol. Last night, they made me watch and honestly. . . I thank them for it. I don't know if I am more grateful that I watched because I had something to discuss at work today or because they didn't make me watch the whole season, just the final two episodes of each show. Now THAT'S how you watch reality TV people. . . take the final two episodes and multiply it by 20 and you have the whole season! SPOILER ALERT: if you haven't seen these final episodes, you may not want to read on. . .

I got to see, over the course of about 4 hours, Andrew pick Tessa (the good girl) on The Bachelor, Apollo hip hop his way to victory with the Utah girl (who says we don't have rhythm?) and frankly, Jordin kick Blake's booty in America's favorite talent show (I know earlier that I said that Blake was a superman and he was, Jordin was just better. "Shot to the Heart. . ." and I'm to blame, but she was!)

Anyway, 4 hours, 3 shows on tivo plus a Jazz game (I don't care what you say, I still love Fisher!). Now that is some effective TV watching. I may just have to take up watching reality TV. . . the last week of it that is!

1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

Welcome...it's about freakin time!