Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dear Mr President. . .

President Obama is going into a LinkedIn Forum on Monday and they are allowing users to submit questions for him to answer.  I figured it was my duty (and a snowballs chance) to get my question in front of him.  I would hope more people do the same.  Here are my thoughts for the P-Rez.  Don't get mad. . . it's my blog!

"Mr President - We spend a lot of time talking out how to solve the issues of outlying groups: the extremely wealthy, the extremely poor, those that are in foreclosure and those without residency.  What about me?  I go to work every day and pay my taxes in full but I don't own a jet or a fleet of them for that matter.  I pay for health insurance for my family on my own dime and have never burdened the system.  I bought a house that was within my budget and have never been late on a payment; I've never 'needed' a bailout.  I vote, I serve and I try to be a productive member of my community yet it seems to be harder and harder for me to keep living the 'American Dream' these days.  Gas is expensive, milk is expensive, health care is expensive.  What are you doing for me?  How can you make life just a bit easier on me like you're trying to for all of these extraneous groups?  When do I get your focus?"

Sounds selfish, yes?  Please know that all of the "I's" and "Me's" in this statement are meant to represent a lot of Americans. . . and I know they exist because they are my friends and family.  It's like being the kid in school that ALWAYS got good grades - hundreds of kids get help and recognition for improvement every term when they go from Ds to Cs but what if you didn't need improvement?!?  What if you were doing what you were supposed WITHOUT promise for reward? 

Short blog, my story.  What would YOU ask the President if you had 2 minutes?

5 comments:

lamack said...

I think that you eloquently said exactly what I would ask him! That is a question I would love to have answered. Doesn't the American Dream have something to do with the ability to work hard and make something of yourself? So why am I working hard in order to hand it over to people that don't work to make something of themselves . . . seems a little messed up!

Carlee said...

I just think you're great. . . always have.

Stephanie said...

LOVE this post! I think all of the people running for president should answer this! You reminded me of something random, in high school I had a friend who almost never went to class, didn't do homework...he finally started going so he could at least graduate, still didn't get great grades, just enough to pass, and he got a scholarship for "most improved student" or something like that....soooo annoying to me! Carlee I love your guts!

Sara said...

Agreed, agreed. Maybe I should just submit your question. If enough people did, it might get answered.
There's no lobbyists for the majority, is there?
Well said Car. Hope all is well. I always love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love this Carlee ~ I would love to ask this very question, only you said it so much better than I ever could have. Plus you didn't use swear words . . . that I could never do ;-)