Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let's Talk Thief. . . Update

SO, for those of you that were brave enough to read my original post, I figured it was fair that I give you a very brief update.

Went to court this morning.  Finally saw the little fella who had the nerve to take our things.  Frankly, I'm baffled that he was even able to reach the door handle to our truck.  He had this little face and the body of, well, a 10-year-old girl.  (This is a 10-year-old girl in 1990, not now.  Today they have implants and fake hair and lashes.)  He looked so small and I was sure that when I saw him I would feel this overwhelming need to hug him and tell him that he'll be OK. . .  False, I did not.

He's still claiming that he didn't do it DESPITE the fact that the cops found our phone in his room. . . you know, the one that was taken from our car along with a bunch of other stuff.  Anyway, because he claims that he did nothing, the prosecutor (my new hero) told the judge that we'd like to go to trial.  Bam!  Not getting off that easy.

So, we should be receiving a subpoena in the next 30 days (gee, I hope they deliver it to us during church again. . . I'm hoping to keep up my rep as the bad, bad seed in the ward that needs help.  You get more cookies on your doorstep that way.) and will be all set to testify during the first part of December.

Not over, making progress.  We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Nat said...

HAHAHA What is this picture??

Carlee said...

Oh, you know. . . just pulled from my reserves of pictures of kids going to jail. I thought it was fitting!

Leslie said...

Be sure to add the real photo when your darling little squishy, puffy cheeked boy really does get hauled off! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you that cold coming December day, Huh?

Carlee said...

Les - you made me laugh. . . hard. We got a replacement camera, just for the occasion!