Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blogger Guilt

A wise man once said that the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Wait, I think that was a drunk man that said that who was trying to justify why he wasn't getting help. Either way, it worked out and now the drunk man has been turned into a "wise man" and now has his seat at the head of the Folklore-Gone-Bad table with his well-thought-out quote. This random train of thought is brought to you by my brain. This is how we work people. . . What in the Heck was I Thinking? You never thought you'd be so afraid to ask.

Anyway, I took the drunk man's words to heart and am here and now admitting that I have a problem. I haven't blogged in a long time. A really long time. Since January to be exact. And boy do I have a lot of catching up to do for a variety of reasons. As I'm sitting at this very moment, I realize how much I miss this. Writing has always been a passion (not necessarily a forte, but a passion) and I've really missed it. The saddest part is that I have some GEMS to write about. Don't worry, it's going to happen. I'm admitting that I have a problem. . . see. . . first step.

OK, so now that I have found my happy place again, I'm fixing the issue. Life is too short not to blog about it, am I right or am I right. The new questions now is what comes first???? So, we'll see if anyone out there in blog-o-sphere even still checks on this dwindling masterpiece that once was and we'll take a vote.

Below you will find ten solid blog topics that I need to write about. . . the question is what order. Some of them stream together in theme but will have to be separate blog posts if I ever plan to publish so don't fret. Without further adieu, I present my life and my thoughts over the last six months. You vote, tell me your top three and we'll start wherever the numbers may lie.


  1. Got engaged. Sure did. Want to hear about it? It's a goodie. And don't worry. . . it is to my previously mentioned blog hijacker Trevor.
  2. Got married. What? Nothing happened between these two things? Not really. We got married 6 weeks after we got engaged. Some may say we're crazy, I say it was incredible. Vote now.
  3. The reception. It was a week later so I get a separate blog post. What do cereal, Mario Kart and branches have in common? My reception. No, the answer is not 4-year olds everywhere. There will be pictures. . . you'll get it.
  4. Bargain shopping. I have a lot of thoughts on the topic. Some relating to our honeymoon in Mexico, other relating to us selling two cars at once. This could get feisty.
  5. The thief. Had our cars broken into and a ton of stuff stolen. If you thought that I wouldn't rest until I caught the perpetrator, you'd be right. And we did. . . . Intrigued?
  6. Making a house a home. What am I, Vern Yip? It's harder than it looks. We're four months in and still don't have a place for everything.
  7. The perfect gift. We got about 60 of them for our wedding and are still using them up. Want to hear? It was amazing.
  8. Labeling. . . I didn't have opinions on it but that all changed at work. I'm talking literal labeling. . . not the people kind.
  9. Got a new job. Same company, different title. And it's F-U-N. Want to hear how cool?
  10. Last but not least. . . let's talk Reality. My love for reality TV is abundantly clear given past posts but is most certainly time to revisit. We'll talk AI, The Hills, Last Comic Standing, The City and even what could be considered trash central - You're Cut Off.
Ok, that does it folks. At least you can see that I've been thinking a lot about this and prepping for some pretty good story telling. I'm stoked to be back writing again. For those of you who follow- I'm sorry for my absence. For those of you who occasionally visit, I'm sorry for my absence. We have some major catching up to do.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Yessssss, you're back! I hope it's due, in some part, to Kara's prodding the other night. Ah, good times. So fun to see you.
Ok, I vote 1, 2, 3 & 5 (cause I heard that story and it's awesome--Carlee goes 'Law & Order'--that definitely needs to be written down).
Welcome back to blogland & happy writing!

TMac said...

1, 2 and 3 immediately and then get to the rest eventually. I'm way out of the loop so I need to hear what you've been up to!

Leslie said...

WOW! Back in the saddle, again. Your writing talent.... YES, forte, has been missed! So, I'm dying to hear more about: 1,2 and 5. (Gotta start where you left off!) And now that you have admitted you have a problem, please, I BEG you, please don't ya go teasin us few loyalists with the potential of 10 outstanding blog possibilities and then make us all suffer through another dry spill, or only be dishing on the TOP 3. Cruelty is what that would be!!!!

Jenny said...

Dear Carlee,
I'm glad you're back. I have missed the entertainment. I want to hear about them all but mostly #9. You got a new job and I don't know about it? Can't wait to hear about all your great happenings! Love ya!

Alisnotmartha said...

1. Thief
2. Perfect Gift
3. New Job
4. Labeling

Sorry, I know I didn't follow instructions, but I was just trying to "overdeliver"!

Alisnotmartha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.