Saturday, October 28, 2006

Football really isn't so bad!


We've spent the weekend attempting to get into the Halloween spirit by doing all of the prototypical halloween activities (yeah, if you thought I was well out of high school, you'd be correct) like haunted houses, ghost tours and football games. . .yes, I said football games. I know it doesn't seem like it really doesn't have much to do with traditional Halloween but I have come to accept the fact that all holidays between September and February are really an excuse to watch football so I thought I would include it in my reporting of weekend festivities!
I did, in fact, attend my first college football game ever. I know it seems like someone who drives around with a virtual Gart Sports in the trunk of their car would have attended (on multiple occasions) a college football game, but I haven't. Exception: I did in fact attend my first college football game about a month ago but I spent the entire time gathering umbrellas from usnsuspecting fans (working security is not all it's cracked up to be).
Anyway, the U tore UNLV apart today in my first football game as a spectator. I loved it. Despite the fact I graduated from a different university (the glorified high school located in beutifull downtown Ogden), I found myself really getting into it today - even to the point of cheering with the rest of the red-shirted crazies in SLC. Maybe I'll get on the bandwagon. . . hey, it worked the same for me and the Yankees! Maybe football really isn't so bad. . .

No comments: